8 Free, Weekly, Outdoor Performances begin Thursday, July 12, 2018 at Fort Allen Park, Eastern Promenade, Portland
Portland, Maine, June 4, 2018 - Friends of the Eastern Promenade (FoEP) announced today its
schedule for the popular Summer Community Concert Series at Fort Allen Park. The outdoor
musical extravaganza will feature eight different groups with deep Maine roots. The free, hour
long concerts for all ages take place every Thursday at 6:30 on the lawn in front of the historic
"The Maine musicians we have invited to perform are exceptional,"says Joyce Knight, concert
series organizer and volunteer member of Friends of the Eastern Promenade Board of Directors.
"Each group has a unique sound, a loyal following, and a deep appreciation for being from
Maine. No one will be sitting still during this summer's concert series!"
Here is the schedule:
• Thursday, July 12 - Muddy Ruckus - "grungy blues, rock infused folk"
• Thursday, July 19 - Jenny Van West - "Vocally driven Americana"
• Thursday, July 26 - Chandler's - a true Maine Community Band, organized in 1876
• Thursday, August 2 - Tim Mercer - returns to his rock roots
• Thursday, August 9 - Inanna - women's percussion & vocal ensemble/cultural diversity
• Thursday, August 16 - Delta Knights - R&B, blues, classic rock
• Thursday, August 23 - Truth About Daisies - tad of jazz, pinch of rock, dash of country
• Thursday, August 30 - Primo Cubano - traditional Cuban dance music
Concert goers are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, spread out a blanket and have a picnic. Food
trucks will also be parked nearby.
Friends of the Eastern Promenade's projects and established programs, including the Summer Community Concert Series and Hidden Gardens of Munjoy Hill, are funded by donations from individuals, neighborhood businesses, corporate partners, foundations and others. The City of Portland is a key partner. For more information to http://www.easternpromenade.org
Contact: Patsy Wiggins, Exec. Dir., Friends of the Eastern Promenade email@example.com